Friday, April 17, 2015

Getting Ready for DC!!!


Roger and I practiced using SKYPE today to get ready for the DC Trip.  I think we are all set.  Teresa Lightle, the BCOE Educational Technology Coordinator,  has been helping us to get SKYPE set up for an iPad and has also giving me some info about how to blog from my phone or iPad, allowing students to follow what I am doing with the Freedom Writers/Freedom Writer Teachers.  I fly out of Sacramento in 12 days!  I will have a couple days to travel in DC before the symposium begins.  I hope to meet up with Bill Feaver (the teacher who exchanges writing with us from Fresno Juvenile Hall) during these first days in DC.  Bill and I were both in the original group of 16 teachers who began working with Erin Gruwell ten years ago!  Time flies.  We hope to connect with several of the teachers from that original 16 as well as hundreds of others who are now part of the Freedom Teacher group from all over the US and beyond.  It promises to be an amazing trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment